Last Updated: September 16, 2016
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We may collect your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender, age, occupation, and educational institutions which you have attended or currently attend) as well as other information you directly give us in the course of using our Services. For example, you may provide us with personal information when you register for our mobile application, make a purchase on our Site, or in the course of customer service related interactions.
You may decline to share certain pieces of information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with the full scope of functionality typically associated with our products and Services. Furthermore, while you may edit your personal information within the ONEE mobile application or by e-mailing email@example.com, we reserve the right to retain prior information we have obtained from you for purposes of backups, analytics, prevention of fraud, or in instances where we reasonably believe we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources, including but not limited to university partners or your personal contacts. We may add this to information we get from this Site, and will treat the combined information in accordance with this Policy.
Any information you voluntarily include in a publicly available area of our Services, or on a related site including our social media presence, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, and may be disclosed to additional parties.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We also obtain information about your physical location, either by inference (i.e. your university or IP address) or through the GPS and/or geolocation features on your device. If you block the use of location information on your product or mobile application, the functionality of your ONEE bracelet and mobile application may be affected.
Cookies. We may log information using one or more “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or device by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer or device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. This may include, but is not limited to: (i) remembering information so you will not have to re-enter it into our Services; (ii) provide advertisements and content based on your activity on our Site, our mobile application, or other websites; (iii) monitor and run analytics on aggregated site usage metrics; and (iv) monitor and run analytics on the effectiveness of the Services and third-party marketing activities.
Please review your web browser “Help” section to learn how to modify your cookie settings, should you choose to do so. Note that if you do choose to delete or not accept Cookies from the Site, the functionality and user experience of the Site may be effected.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and service customers requests.
- We may disclose your location and some identifying information to the individuals whose ONEE device you have selected to pair your ONEE device with if you choose to activate this feature of the products and mobile application.
- We may use your personal information in other ways, either with your consent, or in a way consistent with what we have described to you when you provided us with said information. For example, if you send us a positive review of our product, we may publish this in our marketing materials without naming you.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies. We will not sell your personal data to anyone.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding. If we acquire another company we may share information about our users with that acquired company in relation to providing our collective Services.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us, including third party service providers who work on our website, application development, design, payment processing, and other services. We will make efforts to restrict this information to that which is reasonably necessary to perform the respective service, and will require third party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data, without restriction, with others for their own uses. This may include sharing data with universities, governmental authorities, or other educational institutions in good faith, for the purposes advancing understanding of users’ habits in order to improve safety trainings and safety-related programs.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “unsubscribe.” You may choose to unsubscribe at any time. We may also allow you to view and amend settings pertaining to the frequency and nature of these communications. Please be aware that unsubscribing to these e-mails or indicating your preferences regarding their nature and/or frequency may take up to ten (10) business days to process, and you may continue to receive promotional e-mails from us during that period. If you unsubscribe, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Our Services may contain features of or links to third-party websites or services, including but not limited to Google Analytics, GoDaddy, WordPress, TiltPro, Heroku, and Mailgun. Any information that you provide to these third-parties or that those third-parties collect from you is subject to those third-parties’ terms, conditions and policies. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing information to them. ONEE is not responsible for the practices and policies of those third parties, even if accessed through our Services.
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly permit children under the age of 13 to use our products or Services, nor do we collect their personal information. If you are a child under the age of 13, please do not purchase or use our products or Services. If we uncover that a child under the age of 13 is using ONEE’s products or Services without documented parental consent we will delete his or her account and remove his or her personal information from our systems.
Although we will use certain systems and safeguards to protect the personal information of our users, no security measures are perfect, and we cannot guarantee your information will not be accessed, disclosed, amended, improperly used or destroyed. You are responsible for keeping your passwords confidential.
ONEE, LLC / 1 Western Ave, Apt 703 / Boston, MA 02163